Please replace $tomcat with the correct Tomcat installation folder name, such as C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 9.0.
To make MyTimetable accessible to the outside world, ports 80 (HTTP) and 443 (HTTPS) should be opened in the Windows Firewall. When other firewalling is in place, please take the appropriate steps to publish MyTimetable to the outside world.
- Login as local administrator on the server
- Open 'Windows Firewall with Advanced Security'
- Create a new Inbound Rule and pick Custom rule type
- Browse to the appropriate path for the Tomcat8.exe file (in $tomcat/bin)
- Make sure this firewall rule applies to TCP ports 80 and 443
- Allow the connection to these ports
- Give the firewall rule a name and description